Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tortilla Time

One of the things about Germany is that the Mexican food is sorely lacking.  I suppose I should clarify that I mean "Tex-Mex" Mexican food (the Americanized kind found at Taco Bell and the like).  First, there are very very few Mexican restaurants here in Germany.  Second, when you CAN find things like salsa and seasoning mix here, they just don't taste the same.  Salsa is (for some reason) sweet.  Gross.  Tortillas are nowhere to be found.  That's probably the saddest part, because a tortilla makes a tremendous sandwich or wrap.  So, in keeping with my latest sourdough baking experimentation, I decided to...

...that's right, make my own.

I used this recipe (such a great resource, and the recipes are simple, straightforward, and full of tips should something go wrong).

They turned out fluffy and delicious.  Perfect for my peanut butter and jelly sandwich. 

No comments:

Post a Comment