Friday, June 8, 2012

The Great Up North

For Pfingsten (Pentecost) southern Germans receive a week of vacation.  The Protestant north does no such thing.  Thankfully P. had a couple classes cancelled so headed out to explore the north.  First stop was Bremen, her town.  I arrived on Sunday after a 12-hour train ride.  Believe me, it was great.  I love long train trips.  Got to see so much of Germany!  And for 40 Euros, you just can't beat it.  I briefly saw the Hannover Altstadt while I waited for my final train.




The next few days we spent exploring Bremen.  Well re-exploring in P's case.  Thanks friend!  We saw Roland and the Rathaus, the Stadtmusikanten statue, and lots of other pretty Bremen-y stuff.


We went to the beach.


We made cookies with my Frauenkirche cookie cutter and drank lots of tea.


We went to Hamburg for a day:


Thanks for having me, P!  I had a great time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment