Thursday, March 7, 2013

Avocado Chocolate Pudding


90% of what I eat comes from two places.  One, I come up with something (Gee, I'd really like breakfast sausage this week!) and then search an appropriate recipes out.  Or two, I come up with something (huh, chicken-cranberry-citrus salad sounds good!).  This one was something I never would have come up with.  Who'd have thought that creamy avocado would be the magic ingredient in both guacamole and pudding?

Not me, that's for sure.  But I'm a convert, and I want to make a believer out of you too.

To make two very generous servings of chocolate avocado pudding:

--1 whole avocado
--1 can coconut milk
--4 tbs (or more or less) cocoa powder
--2 tablespoons (or more or less) honey
--Flavoring: a dash of mint, orange, raspberry, or etc. extract, a tablespoon or two of pb; the list goes on and on.

Blend the avocado and coconut milk until creamy.  Add the cocoa powder and blend until smooth.  Add the honey and blend again.  Mix your flavoring in, if you like.

Serve immediately or chilled.

Yum.



No comments:

Post a Comment