Monday, November 18, 2013

My Favorite Cookie


I like to cook exotic things and new recipes. I like to try new foods and dream up exciting combinations for the familiar and the not so familiar. I like to experiment. I like to check Pinterest. I like to tweak and refine.

But I also like simplicity. I like satisfying sweetness and classic combination.

I like these chocolate peanut butter cookies. They're lick the spoon, eat four before they're cool, sneak one as a midnight snack, and feign ignorance when your family asked if you baked today good.

Ingredients
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter (VERY important to use only the natural unsweetened kind)
  • 1/4 to 1/3 cup honey ( I usually use closer to 1/4)
  • 1 egg
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • Chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand chocolate chunks)
How To:
  1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Cream the peanut butter, the honey, the egg, the baking soda, and the salt together until thick and gooey. Fold the chocolate chips in.
  2. Scoop in tablespoon-fuls onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 10-ish minutes. They will be gooey and soft when they come out, and they will not look done. Resist the urge to bake them longer -they will firm up!
 Makes two dozen. So enough for one evening ;)

**Note, although I've never tried it, these would probably be great with hazelnut or almond butter too!

No comments:

Post a Comment