Thursday, February 18, 2016

DIY: Midwinter Break Lavender Coffee Scrub



Ahhhhh, it's finally midwinter break. To be honest, this is my favorite break of the year. There are no major holidays or commitments that coincide with it. It truly feels like a time to relax and recharge.

And recharging I am, including taking care of my poor hands and feet.

I was at the store the other day and saw a jar of lavender salt scrub. It was in such a cute little container, and it boasted claims like "all natural" and "nourishing," but when I looked at the label, it was just so full of ...stuff. Stuff like fragrances, four types of oils, and stabilizers. After mentally reviewing the contents of my kitchen cabinets, I realized I could make my own lavender scrub, with a little kick.

So here we are. This lavender coffee scrub got my dry, cracked hands and feet back to soft and silky in no time at all. It smells great too :)

Lavender Coffee Scrub
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbs. coarse-ground coffee
A few drops lavender essential oil

Melt the coconut oil and then mix in the sugar, coffee, and essential oils. Your scrub can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container. Coconut oil gets very firm in the fridge, so if you choose to store it in there, you'll need to take it out before you plan to use it to allow it to soften.

No comments:

Post a Comment